Fortunately for me, January's theme is "Healthy & Low-Cal." This one's a little hard to search for in the archives, so it's going to take me a while to list what we've already got posted. How about if I put this up, and add recipes as I have a chance, and you all can tell me in the comments of ones I should add that you know about, 'k? Thanks!!
Edited to add: I think I've got all of the already posted recipes that fit the theme, but do leave me a comment if I've missed one. Thanks!
- My Split Pea and Ham Soup - Has the additional advantage of being economical in case one of your resolutions is to spend less/save more...
- Pusher's Harira - She says it makes good winter comfort food. I say that sounds really good about now!
- Diplowhat's Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin - Sounds delish!
- This Broiled Flank Steak with Warm Tomato Topping is a Cooking Light recipe from The Sexy Blonde. She says it's quick as well as tasty!
- Another Cooking Light recipe, I can vouch for this La Bamba Casserole.
- Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots - vegetarian even!
- Boneless Pork Chops in a Shallot-Fig Reduction Sauce was posted by All Knowing Jen with Pusher & I both making and loving it! Tastes & sounds harder than it is, so a great "company" dish!
- Speaking of "company" dishes, here's a Sesame Ginger Chicken one you won't believe is originally from Jenny Craig!
- This marinara sauce is Mr. Kluges's absolute favorite.
- Nectarine's Taco Soup can be made on the stovetop or simmered in the crockpot.
- All-Knowing Jen says you could sub in chicken in this Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce recipe.
- There's lots of yummy veg in Nectarine's Ratatouille, plus it could be vegetarian.
- Mahogany Turkey Breast with Vegetable Gravy isn't just for Thanksgiving, folks!
Vegetable Side Dishes:
- Tomato Snack from Diplowhat - A little out of season, but it sounds yum anyway.
- The Sexy Blonde posted a Roasted Bell Pepper Antipasto she says makes a good side or appetizer.
- Asian-Style Sesame Saute became my default dish when we got CSA greens.
- Nectarine shared this Easy No-Prep Salad with Diplowhat mentioning a variation in the comments.
- Braised Red Cabbage with Onions and Apples in Red Wine-Cranberry Sauce is probably the longest-titled and reddish recipe I've ever made.
- These Cider-Glazed Carrots are another Cooking Light recipe.
- Nectarine's Winter Salad sounds delicious.
Starchy Side Dishes:
- Sweet Potato Spears - Healthier than French fries, just as tasty and crispy.
- Bruleed Mashed Sweet Potatoes are yummy, and you could go light on the brown sugar...
- Pusher's Peppered Tuna Skewers with Wasabi Mayo - TSB says they're yum, too!
- Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar - to die for!
- Also out of season, but Peaches with Cava and Lemon Verbena sounds exotic, Pusher!
- Diplowhat says Miso & Cucumber are great together.
- I love the tomato topping on grilled bread sort of bruschetta!