Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stawberries with Balsamic Vinegar

Sewing Bee (formerly known as Turtle) just emailed me to ask for this recipe so she could use the yummy, yummy strawberry balsamic vinegar in it. I figured since I had it all typed up, a simple copy-paste could share it with y'all! Also excellent with regular great quality balsamic vinegar.

This comes from 50 Ways to Feed Your Lover, and next to it on the page I have written, "Amazingly simple & elegant." And it is.

Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar

1 pint ripe strawberries
2 Tbls. good balsamic vinegar
1 Tbls. superfine sugar (I've subbed regular & it works, but superfine is a bit better.)
1 tsp. grated orange zest

Wash and hull the berries, quarter them, add the balsamic vinegar and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Combine the sugar and zest and sprinkle over the berries. Mix well and serve in pretty goblets.

(Yeah, don't combine the sugar and zest early like I did thinking I remembered the recipe because the sugar gets moist from the zest and turns into a clumpy mess. Oops.)

No comments: