Got this recipe from one of Mr. Kluges's high school friends who is married to another one of his high school friends when they made it for us one time. She says it's from Jenny Craig. It's yummy. I've adapted it slightly.
1 1/2 Tbl. toasted sesame seeds*
1 Tbl. grated fresh ginger
3 Tbl. low-sodium (or regular) soy sauce
3 Tbl. honey
6 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1) Combine first four ingredients.
2) Place chicken between plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. (You might actually have a meat mallet. I use our marble rolling pin.)
3) Coat rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. You might need two, depending on how spread out your chicken breast ends up.
4) Brush half of sauce misture over chicken, coating both sides. Set them on the cookie sheet when coated.
5) Cook at 350F or broil about 8-10 minutes or until done through.
(You can baste during the baking/broiling if you'd like, but since it's in a cookie sheet, the sauce can't really escape. I think this direction is left over from being made in a broiler pan, but when I tried it that way, all the sauce just ran off and burnt in the bottom.)
I've never tried it, but I'd suspect you could do this stove-top as well.
*If you just have regular, put them in a dry (not greased) nonstick skillet over medium-low heat for a while until they brown a bit. It takes kind of a while, so start this right away, and don't be tempted to turn the heat up too high or they'll burn. Not that I know or anything.
People's Pops' Strawberries & Cream Popsicles
1 month ago