Thanks to all who gave suggestions and input. I took quite a few of those, rearranged a bit, and came up with this list. Since we're so close to the end of the year, I figured I'd just go ahead and do the rest of '08 and all of '09 besides. (Crockpot Favorites is first 'cuz now that we've got Pumpkin's dance class 5:30-6 once a week, and mine another day from 6:30-7:30, I'm looking for ideas! Plus, you know, cool fall weather + the yummy smells that fill the house + hey, look, I just got home & supper's already ready = awesome!)
- October: Crockpot Favorites
- November: Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- December: Cookies & Sweet Treats for the Holidays
- January: Healthy & Low-cal
- February: Chocolate
- March: Soups & Stews [Revised to Breakfast.]
- April: Quick Breads - banana, zucchini, cornbread, etc., not yeast-based ones
- May: Grilling
- June: Salads - fruit, veg, pasta, etc.
- July: Tex/Mex
- August: To-may-toe/To-mah-toe
- September: Apples for the Teacher
- October: Say CHEESE!
- November: Turkey - as a main or to use the leftovers
- December: Party Food - dips, appetizers, etc.
OF COURSE you're always welcome to post recipes / tips & hints / links / requests / whatever that don't necessarily fit that month's theme; these are just to kind of make us say, "Oh yeah, I've got a great recipe that fits that theme! I should post it!"
I'll try to start each month with a reminder of what the theme is, as well as a linked list to any previously posted recipes that would fit it. If I miss any, feel free to put them in the comments and I'll add 'em in.
(If you want to, you can take advantage of the "scheduled" option for a upcoming month's theme by putting in your recipe, then going down to "post options," which is to the left of the labels spot, and putting in a date/time that is in the desired month. But only if you want to.)