Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Peaches with Cava and Lemon Verbena

Okay, I haven't actually tried this recipe. I'm posting it here because I want to try it, and this seemed like more fun than just bookmarking it. Colorado peaches are still in season, and my lemon verbena plant is currently sprawling across 3/4 of the front walk. Oh well. At least it smells nice when the poor people coming to my door have to wade through it. (If any of the Recipeeples in the T.C. want some lemon verbena for this, lemon cake, tea or potpourri, stop by! I have way more than I can use.)

Peaches with Cava and Lemon Verbena
10 (3-inch) lemon verbena leaves
1 (750-milliliter) bottle Cava or other sparkling wine
1/2 cup sugar
6 cups sliced peaches (about 2 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon minced lemon verbena leaves

Combine whole verbena leaves and sparkling wine in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 15 minutes). Remove and discard the whole leaves. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Add sliced peaches; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cover and chill. Stir in minced verbena leaves just before serving.

No comments: