We currently have the following recipes already posted that I think qualify as Thanksgiving side dishes. Let me know in the comments if there are more and I'll add them. (I didn't put in appetizers, but you can just click on the "Appetizers/Cocktail Food" label in the sidebar to the right if that's what you're looking for.)
Veggie-type side dishes
- Braised Red Cabbage with Onions and Apples in Red Wine - Cranberry Sauce - I posted this colorful recipe. And hey, cranberries make it seasonal!
- Roasted Asparagus with Browned Balsamic Butter - my fav
- Spaghetti Corn - an intriging crockpot recipe from Nectarine
Starchy-type side dishes
- Bloggy Potatoes - from Pusher. Yum!
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese - Syl posted this one and says it's a huge hit at the office.
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes - Nectarine says these are great for convenience.
- Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots - We use this as a main, but it might be nice to have as a side/main if you're going to be having some vegetarians at your Tofurkey Day.
- Sweet Potato Spears - I don't like my sweet potatoes with marshmallows, so I like these.
When you post YOUR yummy Thanksgiving side dishes, please label them as "vegetable side dish," "starchy side dish" (you know - rice, potatoes, pasta...), or whatever (bread? dessert?). Thanks!
P.S. As always, feel free to post whatever recipes your little heart desires - they do NOT have to be Turkey Day sides.
P.P.S. Thanks to all who contributed a slowcooker/crockpot recipe last month! There are a bunch that look yummy that I've got to try. FYI, in the interest of keeping the label list manageable, I've labeled all of them "Crockpot/Slowcooker" and eliminated the two separate tags.