Sunday, March 1, 2009

March's Theme - Breakfast

March's theme has been revised to be breakfast foods. YUM! Thanks, Diplowhat, for the suggestion and thanks to everybody who weighed in on the poll. I'm looking forward to getting some new breakfast/brunch ideas. (And trying to make some of the fancy pancakes that have been promised!)

We do have a label for "breakfast" and now one for "eggs" as well. Let's keep the "eggs" one for dishes that are primarily egg-based or eggs are a big component - omelets, egg bakes, frittatas, breakfast burritos, etc.

  • Pancakes are a classic breakfast food, and here's Pusher's recipe for Ricotta Pancakes.
  • Nectarine's Pumpkin Spice Muffins would be nice to have on hand for those mornings when you're running out the door and need a quick-to-grab, eat-during-the-commute breakfast.
  • Pusher posted a Wild Rice, Asparagus, and Goat Cheese Frittata a while back that might be a lovely brunch dish (or supper or lunch or breakfast!).
  • These Orange Butter Scones aren't quite your typical scones, but they are delicious, if I do say so myself!
Looking forward to hearing YOUR breakfast/brunch recipes!

3 comments:

DiploWhat said...

yea! I'm gonna start right now!
Now, I just need to figure out how to run polls/votes on the side. Hmmm.
Let me know if I am, for sure, taking over this month's Wednesday posts. I can, but be warned they may show up on your Tuesay. =)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Diplowhat - I'd LOVE it if you take over March's Wednesday posts - and if they turn into Tuesday posts, that's just fine, too! I've given you admin rights, so you can go to the "customize" tab, then "add a gadget" for the polls. Let me know if you've got any questions or problems.

And thanks!!

DiploWhat said...

Consider it done.