Monday, March 2, 2009

Kristina Kringler

This is another family favorite and great to bring to a morning coffee or meeting. I usually make it in the morning before I take is somewhere as it is best eaten same day. It is almost always gone and someone is asking how to make it.

What I like best is it is made out of staples so you can always make this one without shopping.

¼ pound butter
1 C. flour
2 T. water


1 C. water
¼ lb. Butter
1 C. flour
3 eggs
¼ t. salt
½ t. almond extract


1 T butter melted
1 C powder sugar
½ t. almond extract
cream/milk small amount

Step 1: Cut ¼ lb. butter into 1 cup flour. (I have always used my mixer.) Divide dough in half. On an ungreased cookie sheet, press dough using the heel of your hand into two 3-inch strips the length of the cookie sheet.

Step 2: Mix 1 cup water with ¼ lb. butter and bring to a boil. Take off the stove and add 1-cup flour. Beat in 3 eggs one at a time; then add ¼ t salt and ½ t almond extract. (I always use my mixer.) Spread on the first mixture and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

When cool, frost with 1 T butter to 1 Cup powdered sugar. Add ½ t almond extract and enough cream to make the right consistency to spread.

No comments: