Friday, October 10, 2008

CSA Week 18

*le sigh* This is the almost last week of our CSA share. I will miss it! It's been fun getting the box of surprises every week. Granted, I was more keen on some foods than others, but I'm really glad we did this. Also, pretty sure we'll be signing up for next year, too. We've talked about doing the CSA, and then putting in a garden of things to keep/preserve like tomatoes, squash, green beans, etc. Because while we'd sometimes have more than we could eat of something in a week, it wasn't ever enough extra to do something with, you know?

"Autumn Green Mix" is apparently a "beautiful mixture of cooking greens which include red kale, red and green mustards, the Asian greens Komatsuna, Hon Tsai Tai, and Tatsoi, and Swiss chard."

4 comments:

Pusher said...

Hey, any thoughts on what you're going to do with all that parsley? I ask because, having purchased the 4-pack of Italian parsley at the plant sale this year, I also have a heck of a lot of parsley, and it's just going to die with the first frost if I don't do something with it.

DiploWhat said...

I suggest making Tabouleah. I believe I put my "recipe" on the blog. Sorry it's not very clear because it's just something I've made up. You can vary the amount of parsley to taste (I like more, Wog less). It can be that one last taste of summer thing.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

To second Diplowhat's suggestion, the CSA also suggests Tabouli, so we might try that. If so, and their recipe is any good, I'll post it, too.

Anonymous said...

I love it when I make appearances in your CSA box.