Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Citrus Chicken

An embarrassingly long time ago, The Sexy Blonde made this for Wednesday Dinner. It was delicious, and I said she should post the recipe to Recipeeps. But, with the whole new mom + full-time-job thing, she didn't think she'd have time.

"Oh, I'll do it!" I said. So she promptly emailed me a link to the recipe. I not-so-promptly failed to post it here for a very long time. Oops?

Anyway, this is delicious and makes your kitchen smell heavenly. From Cooking Light.


Citrus Chicken

1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 cups bagged prewashed baby spinach

Preparation

Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour 1/4 cup juice mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil to remaining juice mixture; stir well with a whisk.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 1/2 cups spinach on each of 4 plates. Divide chicken evenly among servings; top each serving with 1 tablespoon juice mixture.

2 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I picked this recipe for our menu plan this week and Mr. Kluges just made it. It was YUMMY! I loved the juice mixture as a dressing on the spinach especially. The girls adored the chicken, too.

I'd say this would make a WONDERFUL summer dish, and that you could even cook it up, then cool the chicken, slice it, and serve it on top of the spinach (maybe with some dried cranberries and/or almond slivers and/or croutons) as a delicious main dish salad. (So I'm going to add the "salad" tag, so I remember that!)

Allknowingjen said...

This was SUPER yummy! It also comes together really quick. I did add a smidgen (maybe a TSP?) of brown sugar to the dressing just because I like it a little sweeter. :)