Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Fun #137 - How well do you know your spring veg?

Last Thursday we got our first CSA box of the year! Hooray! As always, the first boxes tend to be lighter, so it's about what we expected. Now that it's our third year with this, we can often identify everything in our box right away, but I wonder how many you can get. Granted, we can touch, taste & smell these all & you're going from a picture, but I wonder...


...how many of these items can YOU name?

(Bonus points for #4 possible since there are several kinds here.)

4 comments:

Pusher said...

I'll give other folks a shot at this, but I do want to try the herb pot!

Basil,parsley, sage, maybe thyme in the lower right, oregano in the lower left, and some kind of mint?

For the rest, I'm confident I know 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8. I don't know 5, and I'm uncertain of 6.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Pusher & all - that's actually a 9-spot herb pot, not a sixer, but one herb is in there twice. Well, actually one herb is in there twice & there's 2 versions of another herb as well. :)

You're doing great! :)

ShoNuff said...

1. I can't really tell but would guess arugula.
2. Radishes
3. Mushrooms
4. Herbs (I'll leave the breaking down to others)
5. I was gonna say spinach but looking closer I see that is incorrect.
6. Sprouts... Brussels for a guess
7. Rhubarb
8. Scallions

Do I win?

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, hello, maybe I should answer this?!
1) Salad mix (red & green lettuce)
2) Radishes
3) Mushrooms
4)pot of herbs - 2 basil, rosemary, parsley (1 curly-leaf, 1 flat), sage, oregano, lemon balm, & thyme
5) Bok Choy
6) Pea Tendrils!
7) Rhubarb
8) Green garlic

How'd you do? I'm impressed w. Pusher & ShoNuff giving it a good run for the money!