Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday Fun #42 - So so summertime

We had BLTs for supper last night. (Well, actually, I had a BLT, Mr. Kluges had a BL, Pumpkin had toast and bacon and frozen peas, and Penguin had a bit of this and a bit of that.)

Anyway, it got me thinking about how much BLTs are a summer food to me. Sure, I could make one in December, but even if you set aside that the tomatoes would likely be crap, it still just wouldn't taste right. It's just not the right time for it. But summer? Mmmmmm, BLT!!!

What's a food that speaks "summer" to you?

2 comments:

Pusher said...

Yes, BLTs, totally. I can't wait until my first tomatoes are ripe!

Real strawberries.

August is all about Colorado peaches and fresh sweet corn.

Bruschetta.

DiploWhat said...

BLTs, corn on the cob, and tuna salad - things my mom would make that didn't require using the oven.