Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday Fun #16 - Freezer Keepers

Based on last week's question and poll, I'd say there might be some desire out there for homemade recipes to keep in the freezer. So this week, I'm going with a two-parter - a challenge and a question.

If you've got any good recipes that can be made ahead and frozen, or that double easily so you can freeze half, or can be made through a certain stage and then frozen until later, could you please try to post one sometime in the next month?

And the question is - what SORT of recipe would you like to have for freezer keepers? I know I've got a couple of lasagna-type recipes and some soups that are easy to double, but a sore lack of anything freezable and ethnic, which would be nice for variety.


(Oh, and I put in the tag "Freezer Keeper" to use for things like this that can be made or almost completely made ahead of time and then stored in the freezer, so go ahead and label them (new or existing recipes) as such so they'll be easy to find. Thanks!)

4 comments:

Syl said...

Pusher, this one is for you. You made such awesome food when I had surgery, Pants still talks about it!

Pusher said...

Aw, that's sweet! It's no good though, because the only thing I remember making for that was the steak roll-up thingies, and I got those from one of The Sexy Blonde's cookbooks (a Cooking Light compilation, I think), so I don't even have the recipe anymore. TSB? Help?

DiploWhat said...

I don't know if kimchi is very popular out there, but I make a really good kimchi chigae (kimchi soup) that freezes well and is a great cure for a cold....

Pusher said...

Oh, yes please! Yay kimchi! I've never tried kimchi chigae, so I'd love a good recipe.