Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pork Tenderloin with Apricots and Brie

Ok I know it's not Turkey- but we had this tonight and it was yummy and SO easy I had to tell you about it. 

Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Apricots and Brie 

1 lb Pork Tenderloin
4 oz of dried apricots, chopped
5 oz of Brie, diced
1 tsp. Olive oil 

Directions: 
Butterfly the tenderloin by cutting it down the center (without cutting all the way through). Place wax paper on top and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.  Spread the apricots and brie on the pork, leaving yourself about 1/2 inch of an edge all the way around. Roll the tenderloin back up (starting on the long side) tucking in the filling as needed. Tie up with butcher string, use toothpicks to seal the ends if necessary.  Place pork on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes (or until cooked through).  Slice to serve. 

I just eyeballed the apricot and brie amounts, but I plan to use more of both next time. 

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, man, I'm drooling already. Pork tenderloin is even on my menu plan for this week, and we've got Brie and dried apricots on hand already. Think I'll do half plain though, since my girls are currently not necessarily liking things mixed together.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ok, made it tonight, but with pork roast (it's what was on sale) cut thin & rolled like AKJ says, and the rather hard & dried out Camembert from the back of the cheese drawer.

The flavor was GREAT! AKJ is right about needing to put LOTS, more than you think, of the cheese & apricots. Maybe mine was thicker, but at 1 hr 15 min, the thickest part still wasn't done through.

Impressive & yummy & easy & not much prep required & throw it in the oven & let it be = winning in-law or date night recipe!

Mugsy said...

My mother never cooked as well as you ladies. I will be passing this one on to the chef.